gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Make-Up FX Forum is a free online resource for make up professionals, students and companies to share information, discover and benefit from.  If you have an interest in special makeup fx, prosthetic make up, creature effects, FX lab work and everything else in-between you're in the right place.  To join our community and to access all the forum features, including the chatrooms and our member's media gallery, please login or register.

gfx gfx
gfx
7269 Posts in 1322 Topics by 1188 Members - Latest Member: slasher1981 October 25, 2014, 12:53:21 PM
gfx* Home Forum Help Search Calendar Chat Login Register gfx
gfx
Make-Up FX Forum  |  Forum  |  Special Make-Up FX Boards  |  The Make-Up FX Hub  |  Baldiez or super baldiez?
gfx
gfxgfx

Google Translate

* Forum Stats

• *Total Posts: 7269
  • *Total Topics: 1322
  • *Online Today: 64
  • *Most Online: 222
(October 14, 2013, 02:46:28 PM)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 15
  • *Spiders: 0
  • *Total: 15

Share This Page

Email this page to a friend

Sculpt Gel DVD

FX e-course

Mouldlife Shop UK

Monster Club USA

Events USA

Make Up Shop UK

FX Forum Support

Poll

Which do you prefer?

Baldiez
1 (25%)
Super Baldiez
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Baldiez or super baldiez?  (Read 2349 times)

Tyko

• FX Forum Newbie
  • Popularity 1
Baldiez or super baldiez?
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:22:08 PM »
I’m going to buy some silicon and baldiez from Mouldlife, but I’m not sure about which of the baldiez I should order, the regular or the new super baldiez.

I’m going to use it as an encapsulator and will be doing both transfers and regular prosthetics.

After seeing Neill Gortons DVD about flat moulds and 3d-transfer appliances I felt that buying the super baldiez would be the right way to go. But after doing some quick researching on the web I found that there could be a problem working with AA-makeup on the super baldiez, that the alcohol would dissolve the baldiz and ruin the appliance. That scenario sounds pretty logical, but I didn’t saw any sign of that happening on the Gorton DVD, so I’m not really sure what to think.

Do any of you guys have any experiences with this? 

Splattermonkey

• FX Forum Jr. Member
  • Popularity 9
  • Hi, I'm new here !
Re: Baldiez or super baldiez?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:20:04 AM »
Both work great. I ran a dozen pieces with super baldies today. If you go with regular baldies use a 50/50 mix of acetone and 99% alcohol to blend the edges off, the super works with just 99% alcohol. You need to run a nice base color when casting your silicone get a color match if you can. Paint in washes and spatters or non alcohol based colors.

Tyko

• FX Forum Newbie
  • Popularity 1
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »
So you can mix alcohol and acetone to blend the edges of regular baldiez? I actually didn't know about this; I thought you should use straight acetone to blend the edges. Alcohol seems a bit safer to put on someone's skin, so I will definitively try that procedure if I buy the regular baldiez.  :)

So the problem of skin illustrator breaking down the super baldies isn't really a problem, you just have to make sure not to be too heavy handed with the brush?

Lost in the Orient

• Global Moderator
  • FX Forum Legend
  • Popularity 28
  • Which is more important, the bowl, or the spoon?
    • mikedinetz
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:07:58 PM »
Super Baldies is far better.  It dries water clear, not cloudy, and is stretchier, and can be blended with alcohol.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Steve-O

• Administrator
  • FX Forum Legend
  • Popularity 27
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »
I've added a poll for this topic, interesting stuff, vote away  :D
"I ain't got no beef with east coast, I think it's just being hyped up." Ice T (musician)

Make-Up FX Forum  |  Forum  |  Special Make-Up FX Boards  |  The Make-Up FX Hub  |  Baldiez or super baldiez?

FX Training UK

FX Training Spain

Member Links

gfxgfx
gfx gfx